Collecting data can be a big distraction from running your business, but can pay off in the long term due to improved data-driven decisions. Data can come from a number of sources, such as:
- Surveying the public and experts,
- Importing data from web-based services,
- Scraping websites and annual reports for insight,
- Internal sources, such as accounting and data stores, and
- Public repositories, such as libraries and government reports.
Integrating these data sources can be tricky, as fields may be in different formats, real world documents need to be read in, and data can be obscured. There are a range of techniques that can be used to help match this data together, such as record linkage, OCR, and string distance methods. Further, our capability in custom-built software means we can solve problems that off-the-shelf software can not.
Call or email us to talk about your requirements, and we can work with you on an appropriate solution.